Breaking News – Another Fatal Shooting in Venice
- Deranged transient living in his car in Venice mows down 17 pedestrians on Boardwalk with his car and kills young Italian woman in a rage over being ripped off in a drug deal gone bad.
- Transient brutally assaults resident Robert DiMassa on walk street because DiMassa's service dog urinated on the sidewalk near where the camper was sleeping.
- Five home invasions - four by wasted, mentally ill transients - in a six block area centered on Windward and Riviera.
- Clabe Hartley's fingertip bitten off by transient on Washington Blvd.
- Homeless Jose Gonzalez dies April 19th after suffering a blow from transient Thomas Glover on Abbot Kinney at California.
- The death of transient Brendon Glenn on May 5th in altercation with LAPD on Windward.
- Transient Jason Davis shot on July 14th by LAPD at Groundworks Cafe on Rose after approaching police with a knife. He later died of his wounds.
- Two transients shot on the Boardwalk at Dudley on August 30th, apparently in a fight over camping spaces. One dies at the scene and one is transported to the hospital.
Drain the swamp: stop the camping along Venice Beach and the walk streets, stop the storage of tons of transients' stuff on Venice Beach, bring back the City's ordinance banning "sitting, lying, sleeping" on sidewalks and establish 300 foot buffer from residences for camping or unattended items.
Or more people - residents, visitors and transients - will be harmed in Venice by the lawless conditions the City continues to allow to exist here.