Just learned there was another transient-on-transient assault, in July.
Where's that $100 million for homeless services and housing the Mayor and Mr. Bonin just promised?
- Deranged transient Nathan Campbell, living in his car in Venice, mows down 17 pedestrians on Boardwalk with his car and kills young Italian woman in a rage over being ripped off in a drug deal gone bad.
- Transient brutally assaults resident Robert DiMassa on walk street because DiMassa's service dog urinated on the sidewalk near where the camper was sleeping.
- Five home invasions - four by wasted, mentally ill transients - in a six block area centered on Windward and Riviera.
- Clabe Hartley's fingertip bitten off by transient Jonathan Lemons on Washington Blvd.
- Homeless Jose Gonzalez dies April 19th after suffering a blow from transient Thomas Glover on Abbot Kinney at California.
- The death of transient Brendon Glenn on May 5th in altercation with LAPD on Windward.
- Transient Jason Davis shot on July 14th by LAPD at Groundworks Cafe on Rose after approaching police with a knife. He later died of his wounds.
- At Third and Rose in July, homeless Sam Cosentino is stabbed multiple times by another transient, requiring hospitalization of Cosentino.
- Two transients shot on the Boardwalk at Dudley on August 30th, apparently in altercation over camping spaces. One dies at the scene and one is transported to the hospital and later released.
- Transient Mark Scanlan hurls chair at restaurateur Clabe Hartley, striking him in the back of the head. The injury results in a severe concussion and requires five staples in Hartley's scalp.
Message to Mike Bonin and Eric Garcetti:
Drain the swamp: stop the camping along Venice Beach, the walk streets and on Third Street, stop the storage of tons of transients' stuff on Venice Beach and local sidewalks, bring back the City's ordinance banning "sitting, lying, sleeping" on sidewalks and establish 300 foot buffer from residences for camping or unattended property.
Or more people - residents, visitors and transients - will be harmed in Venice by the lawless conditions the City continues to allow to exist here.