VEXIT Town Hall DiscussionDoes detachment from Los Angeles make sense for Venetians?
The Outreach Committee of the Venice Neighborhood Council would like to invite you to engage and listen to a panel discussion on the future of Venice on April 19th, from 7p - 9p at Ánimo High School in Venice (820 Broadway Street, Venice, 90291).
The goal of the evening is to hear from a series of experts from the media, government, academia and special interest organizations that have followed the growth and change of this urban beach enclave.
Note: this event is completely non-partisan in nature and is not supporting or rejecting the notion of cityhood, but providing Venetians this topic as an alternative to the status quo.
This event is about serious public policy options, not politics or partisanship.
- Paul Novak, Executive Officer of the Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) will present facts on cityhood formation.
- Mayor Fred Gaines of Calabasas, the last community to successfully "detach" from the County of Los Angeles
- Marcus Ruiz Evans, President of Yes California and CALEXIT
- Isaac Simpson, journalist and content creator who first bought the Vexit talk into the mainstream
- Joe Piasecki, Managing Editor of the Argonaut
- James Murez, a longtime Venice resident and VNC member and an expert on the history of Venice.
- Hollie Stenson, a member of the Venice Neighborhood Council, actress and activist. Who excited to be the moderator for what will be an interesting discussion for the community.
We invite you to to a panel discussion on the future of Venice on April 19th, from 7p - 9p at Ánimo High School in Venice (820 Broadway Street, Venice, 90291)